The challenges of simplification
15.12 - 15.12.2022 Recording
One of the main benefits of a digital substations is the reduction of devices and simplification of cabling. But, the complexity is transferred to the network configuration, computers, virtualization and network security, which brings some challenges.
In the joint webinar with Locamation and Rhebo you can hear three perspectives on what to consider in IEC61850 simplification benefits.
- Opening and introduction
- What happens in your network for OT Engineers
- Reduce complexity by using existing SCL files for configuration and monitoring
- Firewalls protect your substations and let you feel secure – the IDS systems tells you if you are secure
- Substation Server vs. IED – why you need IEC 61850-3 and IEEE 1613
- How to virtualize applications on a substation server
- Virtualization for network detection and network security functions
- Virtualization for station bus automation – Gateway, HMI, and Engineering Workstation
- If you go digital, why sticking to the old concepts of full IED’s and Merging Units
- Understanding the benefits of a virtual Merging Units and why it is easier for substation engineers
- Furthermore, learn how to use SCL files for vMU and for the IDS system – and all the software running on a substation server.
- Q&A and ending