The Software Defined Substation – How to digitalize conventional substations
23.03 - 23.03.2022 Recording
Online event in cooperation with our partner Locamation on how software defined functions can lead to more efficiency and building future proofed digital substations.
This time we want to address Distribution System Operators (DSOs) and Transmission System Operators (TSOs) by introducing the term “software defined substation” and the related advantages. Based on this, we want to present possibilities for integration and how to overcome the challenges in building data driven system operations or related infrastructures.
Edwin Melenhorst – IEC61850 Specialist – Locamation
Jos Zenner – CTO – Welotec GmbH
- The challenge for DSOs and TSOs to digitalize their conventional substations
- Locamation’s virtual merging unit
- IEC 61850-3 Welotec Substation Server
- Use case: Digitalization by using a Virtual Merging Unit in addition to existing IED’s for Protection
- Evolution path towards a full Software defined Substation